- •A novel dedicated package for left atrial-3D echocardiography was tested.
- •3D speckle tracking-derived left atrial volume and computed tomography measurements correlated.
- •Lateral and inferior left atrial strains are sensitive early markers of dysfunction.
- Evaluation of left atrial size and function: relevance for clinical practice.J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 2020; 33: 934-952
- Left atrial structure and function, and left ventricular diastolic dysfunction.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2019; 73: 1961-1977
- Recommendations for cardiac chamber quantification by echocardiography in adults: an update from the American Society of Echocardiography and the European Association of Cardiovascular Imaging.Eur Heart J Cardiovasc Imaging. 2015; 16: 233-270
- Standardization of left atrial, right ventricular, and right atrial deformation imaging using two-dimensional speckle tracking echocardiography: a consensus document of the EACVI/ASE/Industry Task Force to standardize deformation imaging.Eur Heart J Cardiovasc Imaging. 2018; 19: 591-600
- Functional assessment of the left atrium by real-time three-dimensional echocardiography using a novel dedicated analysis tool; initial validation studies in comparison with computed tomography.Eur J Echocardiogr. 2011; 12: 497-505
- Quantification of left atrial volumes using three-dimensional wall motion tracking echocardiographic technology: comparison with cardiac magnetic resonance.Eur Heart J Cardiovasc Imaging. 2014; 15: 793-799
- Left atrial volume measurement with automated border detection by 3-dimensional echocardiography: comparison with magnetic resonance imaging.Cardiovasc Ultrasound. 2009; 7: 16
- Left and right atrial volume by freehand three-dimensional echocardiography: in vivo validation using magnetic resonance imaging.Eur J Echocardiogr. 2000; 1: 55-65
- Real-time 3D echocardiographic quantification of left atrial volume.JACC Cardiovasc Imaging. 2012; 5: 769-777
- Normal ranges of left atrial strain by speckle-tracking echocardiography: a systematic review and meta-analysis.J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 2017; 30: 59-70
- The prognostic relevance of left atrial dysfunction in heart failure with preserved ejection fraction.Circ Heart Fail. 2016; 9 (e002763)
- Two-dimensional speckle-tracking echocardiography of the left atrium: feasibility and regional contraction and relaxation differences in normal subjects.J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 2009; 22: 299-305
- Assessment of left atrial remodeling in paroxysmal atrial fibrillation with speckle tracking echocardiography: a study with an electrophysiological mapping system.Int J Cardiovasc Imaging. 2019; 35: 451-459
- Terminology.in: Anderson R.H. Paediatric Cardiology. Philadelphia, PA: Churchill Livingstone, 2009: 21
- Assessment of left atrial deformation and synchrony by three-dimensional speckle-tracking echocardiography: comparative studies in healthy subjects and patients with atrial fibrillation.J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 2013; 15: 165-174
- Mechanical and substrate abnormalities of the left atrium assessed by 3-dimensional speckle-tracking echocardiography and electroanatomic mapping system in patients with paroxysmal atrial fibrillation.Heart Rhythm. 2016; 12: 490-497
- Association of left atrial function and left atrial enhancement in patients with atrial fibrillation: cardiac magnetic resonance study.Circ Cardiovasc Imaging. 2015; 8 (e002769)