- •We investigated the significance of very early recurrence of atrial fibrillation (VERAF) after radiofrequency catheter ablation.
- •Patients with VERAF had a low incidence of late recurrence of AF.
- •Patients with VERAF had a low incidence of pulmonary vein reconnections.
- Atrial fibrillation and risks of cardiovascular disease, renal disease, and death: systematic review and meta-analysis.BMJ. 2016; 354: i4482
- Increased mortality in paroxysmal atrial fibrillation: report from the Stockholm Cohort-Study of Atrial Fibrillation (SCAF).Eur Heart J. 2007; 28: 2346-2353
- All-cause mortality in 272,186 patients hospitalized with incident atrial fibrillation 1995-2008: a Swedish nationwide long-term case-control study.Eur Heart J. 2013; 34: 1061-1067
- 2017 HRS/EHRA/ECAS/APHRS/SOLAECE expert consensus statement on catheter and surgical ablation of atrial fibrillation.Heart Rhythm. 2017; 14: e275-e444
- Long-term benefits following catheter ablation of atrial fibrillation.Circ J. 2013; 77: 1091-1096
- Atrial reverse remodeling represented by the atrial conduction time in persistent atrial fibrillation patients after catheter ablation: its impact on predicting late atrial fibrillation recurrence.J Cardiol. 2020; 75: 521-528
- Improvement in renal and endothelial function after catheter ablation in patients with persistent atrial fibrillation.J Cardiol. 2020; 76: 610-617
- Clinical significance of early recurrences of atrial fibrillation after pulmonary vein isolation.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2002; 40: 100-104
- Early recurrences after atrial fibrillation ablation: prognostic value and effect of early reablation.J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol. 2008; 19: 599-605
- Early recurrence of atrial tachyarrhythmias following radiofrequency catheter ablation of atrial fibrillation.Pacing Clin Electrophysiol. 2012; 35: 106-116
- Delayed cure despite early recurrence after pulmonary vein isolation for atrial fibrillation.Am J Cardiol. 2003; 91: 83-85
- Incidence and significance of early recurrences of atrial fibrillation after cryoballoon ablation: insights from the multicenter Sustained Treatment of Paroxysmal Atrial Fibrillation (STOP AF) Trial.Circ Arrhythm Electrophysiol. 2014; 7: 69-75
- Clinical significance of early atrial arrhythmia type and timing after single ring isolation of the pulmonary veins.Europace. 2015; 17: 1038-1044
- Second-generation cryoballoon ablation for paroxysmal atrial fibrillation: Predictive role of atrial arrhythmias occurring in the blanking period on the incidence of late recurrences.Heart Rhythm. 2016; 13: 845-851
- Comparison of characteristics and significance of immediate versus early versus no recurrence of atrial fibrillation after catheter ablation.Am J Cardiol. 2009; 103: 1249-1254
- Characteristics and significance of very early recurrence of atrial fibrillation after catheter ablation.J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol. 2011; 22: 1193-1198
- Comparison of myocardial injury and inflammation after pulmonary vein isolation for paroxysmal atrial fibrillation between radiofrequency catheter ablation and cryoballoon ablation.J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol. 2020; 31: 1315-1322
- Time course of inflammation, myocardial injury, and prothrombotic response after radiofrequency catheter ablation for atrial fibrillation.Circ Arrhythm Electrophysiol. 2014; 7: 83-89
- Does inflammation influence atrial fibrillation recurrence following catheter ablation?.Europace. 2009; 11: 135-137
- Early recurrence is reliable predictor of late recurrence after radiofrequency catheter ablation of atrial fibrillation.JACC Clin Electrophysiol. 2021; 7: 343-351