- •Several robotic percutaneous coronary intervention (R-PCI) cohort studies show high technical success rates with minimal conversion.
- •R-PCI is associated with reduced contrast volume and fluoroscopy time.
- •Increased adoption of R-PCI could make it part of standard practice in the future.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
World Health Organization. Cardiovascular diseases. https://www.who.int/health-topics/cardiovascular-diseases#tab=tab_1; [accessed 13.08.21].
National Health Service. Coronary heart disease - NHS. https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronary-heart-disease/ ; [accessed 13.08.21].
- Percutaneous coronary intervention - NHLBI, NIH. Natl Heart Lung.Blood Inst. 2016; 1 (Accessed August 13, 2021)
- Robotic-assisted PCI: The future of coronary intervention?.Cardiovasc Revascularization Med. 2021; 6 (Published onlineS1553-8389): 00185-00188https://doi.org/10.1016/J.CARREV.2021.03.025
- Current and future use of robotic devices to perform percutaneous coronary interventions: a review.J Am Heart Assoc Cardiovasc Cerebrovasc Dis. 2017; 6: 7https://doi.org/10.1161/JAHA.117.006239
- Successful introduction of robotic-assisted percutaneous coronary intervention system into Japanese clinical practice: a first-year survey at single center.Heart Vessels. 2021; 36: 955-964https://doi.org/10.1007/S00380-021-01782-6
- Iterative Improvement and marginal gains in coronary revascularisation: is robot-assisted percutaneous coronary intervention the new hope?.Interv Cardiol Rev. 2020; 15: 18https://doi.org/10.15420/ICR.2020.24
- Demonstration of the safety and feasibility of robotically assisted percutaneous coronary intervention in complex coronary lesions: Results of the CORA-PCI Study (Complex Robotically Assisted Percutaneous Coronary Intervention).JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2017; 10: 1320-1327https://doi.org/10.1016/J.JCIN.2017.03.050
- Robotic-assisted percutaneous coronary intervention: Rationale, implementation, case selection and limitations of current technology.J Clin Med. 2018; 7: 23https://doi.org/10.3390/JCM7020023
- First-in-human evaluation of a novel robotic-assisted coronary angioplasty system.JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2011; 4: 460-465https://doi.org/10.1016/J.JCIN.2010.12.007
- Remote-control percutaneous coronary interventions: concept, validation, and first-in-humans pilot clinical trial.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2006; 47: 296-300https://doi.org/10.1016/J.JACC.2005.09.024
- Robotic-enhanced PCI compared to the traditional manual approach.J Invasive Cardiol. 2014; 26: 318-321
- Percutaneous coronary intervention using a combination of robotics and telecommunications by an operator in a separate physical location from the patient: an early exploration into the feasibility of telestenting (the REMOTE-PCI study).EuroIntervention. 2017; 12: 1569-1576https://doi.org/10.4244/EIJ-D-16-00363
- Safety and feasibility of robotic percutaneous coronary intervention: PRECISE (Percutaneous Robotically-Enhanced Coronary Intervention) Study.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2013; 61: 1596-1600https://doi.org/10.1016/J.JACC.2012.12.045
- Multi-center post-market registry for the evaluation of robotic assisted PCI.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2016; 67: 224https://doi.org/10.1016/s0735-1097(16)30225-x
- The use of robotic-assisted PCI for the treatment of patients with ischemic heart disease.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2016; 68: B146https://doi.org/10.1016/J.JACC.2016.09.487
- The PRISMA 2020 statement: An updated guideline for reporting systematic reviews.BMJ. 2021; 372: 71https://doi.org/10.1136/BMJ.N71
- Guidelines for percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty. A report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Assessment of Diagnostic and Therapeutic Cardiovascular Procedures (Subcommittee on Percutaneous Transluminal Coronary Angioplasty).Circulation. 1988; 78: 486-502https://doi.org/10.1161/01.CIR.78.2.486
- Coronary morphologic and clinical determinants of procedural outcome with angioplasty for multivessel coronary disease. Implications for patient selection. Multivessel Angioplasty Prognosis Study Group.Circulation. 1990; 82: 1193-1202https://doi.org/10.1161/01.CIR.82.4.1193
- The Newcastle-Ottawa Scale (NOS) for assessing the quality of nonrandomised studies in meta-analyses.Ottawa Hospital Research Institute, 2021 (http://www.ohri.ca/programs/clinical_epidemiology/oxford.asp)
- Estimating the sample mean and standard deviation from the sample size, median, range and/or interquartile range.BMC Med Res Methodol. 2014; 14: 135https://doi.org/10.1186/1471-2288-14-135
- Resource utilization during elective robotic-assisted percutaneous coronary intervention - PubMed.J Invasive Cardiol. 2020; 32 (Accessed August 22, 2021): 321-325
- Complex robotic compared to manual coronary interventions: 6- and 12-month outcomes.Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2019; 93: 613-617https://doi.org/10.1002/CCD.27867
- The association between experience and proficiency with robotic-enhanced coronary intervention-insights from the PRECISE multi-center study.Acute Card Care. 2014; 16: 37-40https://doi.org/10.3109/17482941.2014.889314
- Longitudinal geographic miss (LGM) in robotic assisted versus manual percutaneous coronary interventions.J Interv Cardiol. 2015; 28: 449-455https://doi.org/10.1111/JOIC.12231
- Impact of robotics and a suspended lead suit on physician radiation exposure during percutaneous coronary intervention.Cardiovasc Revascularization Med. 2017; 18: 190-196https://doi.org/10.1016/J.CARREV.2016.12.011
- Comparison of robotic percutaneous coronary intervention with traditional percutaneous coronary intervention: a propensity score-matched analysis of a large cohort.Circ Cardiovasc Interv. 2020; 13e008888https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCINTERVENTIONS.119.008888
- Planned robotic chronic total occlusion percutaneous coronary intervention: feasibility report - PubMed.J Invasive Cardiol. 2020; 32: 201-205
- Outcomes of robotically assisted versus manual percutaneous coronary intervention: a systematic review and meta-analysis.J Invasive Cardiol. 2019; 31: 199-203
- Feasibility and safety of robotic PCI in China: first in man experience in Asia.J Geriatr Cardiol. 2019; 16: 401-405https://doi.org/10.11909/J.ISSN.1671-5411.2019.05.004
- First-in-human robotic percutaneous coronary intervention for unprotected left main stenosis.Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2016; 88: 565-570https://doi.org/10.1002/CCD.26550
- Long distance tele-robotic-assisted percutaneous coronary intervention: a report of first-in-human experience.EClinicalMedicine. 2019; 14: 53-58https://doi.org/10.1016/J.ECLINM.2019.07.017
- Feasibility of complex robotic percutaneous coronary intervention.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2014; 64: B44https://doi.org/10.1016/J.JACC.2014.07.182
- Robotically-assisted percutaneous coronary intervention: Reasons for partial manual assistance or manual conversion.Cardiovasc Revasc Med. 2018; 19: 526-531https://doi.org/10.1016/J.CARREV.2017.11.003
- Safety and feasibility of a novel, second-generation robotic-assisted system for percutaneous coronary intervention: first-in-human report.J Invasive Cardiol. 2018; 30: 152-156
- Initial report of safety and procedure duration of robotic-assisted chronic total occlusion coronary intervention.Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2020; 95: 165-169https://doi.org/10.1002/CCD.28477
- Evidence-based management of patients undergoing PCI: Contrast-induced acute kidney injury.Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2010; 75: S15-S20https://doi.org/10.1002/CCD.22376