- •There were no vascular complications and disabling strokes the regional anesthesia (RA) group.
- •Patent ipsilateral internal thoracic artery graft and dialysis fistula were not contraindications.
- •Procedural and in-hospital outcomes were comparable between the two groups.
- •Intraoperative hemodynamics were significantly stable in the RA group.
- •Intensive care unit and hospital stay were significantly shortened in the RA group.
Abbreviations:TAVR (transcathter aortic valve replacement), AS (aortic stenosis), TF (transfemoral), TS (trans-subclavian), SA (subclavian artery), GA (general anesthesia), MITS-TAVR (minimum-incision trans-subclaviantranscathter aortic valve replacement), ICU (intensive care unit), RA (regional anesthesia), MBP (mean blood pressure), OR (operating room)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Outcomes following subclavian and axillary artery access for transcatheter aortic valve replacement: Society of the Thoracic Surgeons/American College of Cardiology TVT registry report.JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2019; 12: 662-669
- Predicted magnitude of alternate access in the contemporary transcatheter aortic valve replacement era.Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2018; 92: 964-971
- Comparative survival after transapical, direct aortic, and subclavian transcatheter aortic valve implantation (data from the UK TAVI Registry).Am J Cardiol. 2015; 116 (1555e1559)
- Current state of alternative access for transcatheter aortic valve implantation.EuroIntervention. 2018; 14AB40-52
- Evolution of alternative-access transcatheter aortic valve replacement.Ann Thorac Surg. 2021; 112: 1877-1885
- Review of alternative access in transcatheter aortic valve replacement.Cardiovasc Diagn Ther. 2020; 10: 72-82
- Supraclavicular subclavian access for sapien transcatheter aortic valve replacement- a novel approach.J Cardiothorac Surg. 2018; 13: 16https://doi.org/10.1186/s13019-018-0706-9
- Utility of the minimum-incision transsubclavian approach for transcatheter aortic valve replacement on clinical outcomes in patients with small vessel anatomy.J Cardiol. 2021; 78: 31-36
- Hypotension after induction of general anesthesia: occurrence, risk factors, and therapy. A prospective multicenter observational study.J Anesth. 2018; 32: 673-680
- Intraoperative hypotension and the risk of postoperative adverse outcomes: a systematic review.Br J Anaesth. 2018; 121: 706-721
- Is local anaesthesia a favourable approach for transcatheter aortic valve implantation? A systematic review and meta-analysis comparing local and general anaesthesia.BMJ Open. 2017; 7e016321
- Transfemoral transcatheter aortic valve replacement using fascia iliaca block as an alternative approach to conscious sedation as compared to general anesthesia.Cardiovasc Revasc Med. 2020; 21: 594-601
- Comparison of clinical outcomes with the utilization of monitored anesthesia care vs. General anesthesia in patients undergoing transcatheter aortic valve replacement.Cardiovasc Revasc Med. 2016; 17: 384-390
- Simplified trans-axillary aortic valve replacement under local anesthesia – a single-center early experience.Cardiovasc Revasc Med. 2021; 23: 7-13
- Safety and efficacy of the percutaneous thoracic endovascular repair with regional anesthesia.Gen Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2021; 69: 267-273
- Updated standardized endpoint definitions for transcatheter aortic valve implantation: the valve academic research Consortium-2 consensus document.Eur Heart J. 2012; 33: 2403-2418
- Comparison of ultrasound-guided supraclavicular, infraclavicular and below-C6 interscalene brachial plexus block for upper limb surgery: a randomized, observer-blinded study.Anaesth Intensive Care. 2015; 43: 468-472
- A prospective, randomized comparison between ultrasound-guided supraclavicular, infraclavicular, and axillary brachial plexus blocks.Reg Anesth Pain Med. 2009; 34: 366-371
- Ultrasound guided supraclavicular block.Med Ultrason. 2013; 15: 224-229
- Ultrasound-guided supraclavicular block: outcome of 510 consecutive cases.Reg Anesth Pain Med. 2009; 34: 171-176
- Hypotension during endovascular treatment under general anesthesia for acute ischemic stroke.PLoS One. 2021; 16e0249093https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0249093
- Direct percutaneous access technique for transaxillary transcatheter aortic valve implantation: “the Hamburg sankt Georg approach”.JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2012; 5: 477-486
- CT angiography analysis of axillary artery diameter versus common femoral artery diameter: implications for axillary approach for transcatheter aortic valve replacement in patients with hostile aortoiliac segment and advanced lung disease.Int J Vasc Med. 2016; 2016: 3610705
- Alternative access for transcatheter aortic valve replacement. A comprehensive review.Intervent Cardiol Clin. 2021; 10: 505-517
- Safety and efficacy of the percutaneous transaxillary access for transcatheter aortic valve implantation using various transcatheter heart valves in 100 consecutive patients.Int J Cardiol. 2017; 232: 247-254
- Transaxillary transcatheter ACURATE neo aortic valve implantation – The TRANSAX multicenter study.Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2021; 98E291-8