- •RVFWLS was associated with MACEs and active RV involvement in patients with CS.
- •Patients with MACEs showed a worsening in RVFWLS after steroid therapy.
- •RVFWLS could be a surrogate of poor prognosis and active CS involvement.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Cardiac sarcoidosis.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2016; 68: 411-421
- JCS 2016 guideline on diagnosis and treatment of cardiac sarcoidosis - digest version.Circ J. 2019; 83: 2329-2388
- EACVI Reviewers: This document was reviewed by members of the EACVI Scientific Documents Committee for 2014–2016 and 2016–2018. A joint procedural position statement on imaging in cardiac sarcoidosis: from the Cardiovascular and Inflammation & Infection Committees of the European Association of Nuclear Medicine, the European Association of Cardiovascular Imaging, and the American Society of Nuclear Cardiology.Eur Heart J Cardiovasc Imaging. 2017; 18: 1073-1089
- Prevention of left ventricular remodeling by long-term corticosteroid therapy in patients with cardiac sarcoidosis.Am J Cardiol. 2005; 95: 143-146
- Right ventricular abnormalities on cardiovascular magnetic resonance imaging in patients with sarcoidosis.JACC Cardiovasc Imaging. 2020; 13: 1395-1405
- Magnetic resonance imaging for identifying patients with cardiac sarcoidosis and preserved or mildly reduced left ventricular function at risk of ventricular arrhythmias.Circ Arrhythm Electrophysiol. 2014; 7: 1109-1115
- Right ventricular involvement in cardiac sarcoidosis demonstrated with cardiac magnetic resonance.ESC Heart Fail. 2017; 4: 535-544
- Cardiac positron emission tomography enhances prognostic assessments of patients with suspected cardiac sarcoidosis.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2014; 63: 329-336
- Right heart involvement in patients with sarcoidosis.Echocardiography. 2016; 33: 734-741
- Deterioration of biventricular strain is an early marker of cardiac involvement in confirmed sarcoidosis.Eur Heart J Cardiovasc Imaging. 2020; 21: 796-804
- Guidelines for the echocardiographic assessment of the right heart in adults: a report from the American Society of Echocardiography endorsed by the European Association of Echocardiography, a registered branch of the European Society of Cardiology, and the Canadian Society of Echocardiography.J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 2010; 23: 685-713
- Standardization of left atrial, right ventricular, and right atrial deformation imaging using two-dimensional speckle tracking echocardiography: a consensus document of the EACVI/ASE/Industry task force to standardize deformation imaging.Eur Heart J Cardiovasc Imaging. 2018; 19: 591-600
- Superior prognostic value of right ventricular free wall compared to global longitudinal strain in patients with heart failure.J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 2019; 32 (836-44.e1)
- Recommendations for cardiac chamber quantification by echocardiography in adults: an update from the American Society of Echocardiography and the European Association of Cardiovascular Imaging.Eur Heart J Cardiovasc Imaging. 2015; 16: 233-270
- 2015 ESC/ERS guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary hypertension: the joint task force for the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary hypertension of the european Society of Cardiology (ESC) and the European Respiratory Society (ERS): endorsed by: Association for European Paediatric and Congenital Cardiology (AEPC), International Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation (ISHLT).Eur Heart J. 2016; 37: 67-119
- Prognostic value of right ventricular dysfunction on clinical outcomes after transcatheter aortic valve replacement.JACC Cardiovasc Imaging. 2019; 12: 577-587
- Recommendations for (18)F-fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography imaging for cardiac sarcoidosis: Japanese Society of Nuclear Cardiology recommendations.Ann Nucl Med. 2014; 28: 393-403
- Evaluating the added predictive ability of a new marker: from area under the ROC curve to reclassification and beyond.Stat Med. 2008; 27: 157-172
- Right ventricular involvement is an important prognostic factor and risk stratification tool in suspected cardiac sarcoidosis: analysis by cardiac magnetic resonance imaging.Clin Res Cardiol. 2020; 109: 988-998
- Right ventricular architecture responsible for mechanical performance: unifying role of ventricular septum.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2014; 148 (3166-71.e1-4)
- Incremental prognostic value of right ventricular strain in patients with acute decompensated heart failure.Circ Cardiovasc Imaging. 2018; 11e007249
- Right ventricular function in cardiovascular disease, part II: pathophysiology, clinical importance, and management of right ventricular failure.Circulation. 2008; 117: 1717-1731
- Clinical characteristics, haemodynamics and treatment of pulmonary hypertension in sarcoidosis in a single centre, and meta-analysis of the published data.Am J Cardiol. 2013; 111: 278-285
- Defining the reference range for right ventricular systolic strain by echocardiography in healthy subjects: a meta-analysis.PLoS One. 2021; 16e0256547