- •The overall 30-year cardiac event free survival rate was 32 %.
- •The long-term outcome in children with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy was poor.
- •The median age when a dilated phase occurred was 15 years old.
- •Sudden death often occurred at around 15 years old.
- •The outcome of secondary hypertrophic cardiomyopathy was very poor.
Abbreviations:HCM (hypertrophic cardiomyopathy), d-HCM (dilated phase of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy), CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation), ICD (implantable cardioverter defibrillator), HT (heart transplantation), LVAD (left ventricular assist device), 95 % CI (confidence interval), i-HCM (idiopathic hypertrophic cardiomyopathy), HOCM (hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy), s-HCM (secondary hypertrophic cardiomyopathy), SD (sudden death)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Epidemiology of idiopathic cardiomyopathy in Japan: results from a nationwide survey.Heart. 2002; 87: 126-130
- Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy in children: pathophysiology, diagnosis, and treatment of non-sarcometric causes.Front Pediatr. 2021; 9632293
- Penetrans of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy in children who are mutation positive.J Pediatr. 2017; 188: 91-95
- Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy in children.Heart. 2012; 98: 1044-1054
- Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy- a heterogeneous and lifelong disease in the real world.Circ J. 2020; 84: 1218-1226
- Electrocardiographic diagnosis of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy in the pre- and post-diagnostic phases in children and adolescents.Circ J. 2022; 86: 118-127
- Electrocardiographic and long-term prognosis of children diagnosed with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy by the school screening for program for heart disease in Japan.J Cardiol. 2020; 75: 571-577
- Regression equations for calculation of z scores of cardiac structures in a large cohort of healthy infants, children, and adolescents: an echocardiographic study.J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 2008; 21: 922-934
- Outcomes in children with Noonan syndrome and hypertrophic cardiomyopathy: a study from the pediatric cardiomyopathy registry.Am Heart J. 2012; 164: 442-448
- Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy.Ann Cardiothorac Surg. 2017; 6: 376-385
- Risk factors for lethal arrhythmic events in children and adolescents with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy and an implantable defibrillator: an international multicenter study.Heart Rhythm. 2019; 16: 1462-1467
- High ECG risk-scores predict late gadolinum enhancement on magnetic resonance imaging in HCM in the young.Pediatr Cardiol. 2021; 42: 492-500
- Three autopsy cases of progression to the left ventricular dilatation in patients with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy.Am Heart J. 1985; 109: 545-553
- Clinical characteristics and long-term outcome of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Results from the Aichi hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (AHC) registry.Int Heart J. 2015; 56: 415-420
- Epidemiology and cause-specific outcome of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy in children: findings from the pediatric cardiomyopathy registry.Circulation. 2007; 115: 773-781
- Clinical course and management of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy.N Engl J Med. 2018; 379: 655-668
- Long-term outcomes of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy diagnosed during childhood: results from a national population-based study.Circulation. 2018; 138: 29-36
- Outcomes of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy in Japanese children: a retrospective cohort study.Heart Vessels. 2022; 37: 1075-1084