- •Residual mitral regurgitation (MR) after MitraClip impacts long-term outcomes
- •Computed tomography is useful to predict residual MR
- •Mitral valve orifice area/mitral annulus area (MVOA/MAA) ratio and leaflet calcium were predictors of residual MR
- •MVOA/MAA <0.31 and leaflet calcium increased risk of mitral reintervention at 1 year
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- 2020 focused update of the 2017 ACC expert consensus decision pathway on the management of mitral regurgitation: a report of the american College of Cardiology Solution set Oversight Committee.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2020; 75: 2236-2270
- 2020 ACC/AHA guideline for the management of patients with valvular heart disease: a report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Joint Committee on Clinical Practice Guidelines.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2021; 77 (e25-197)
- The impact of residual mitral regurgitation after MitraClip therapy in functional mitral regurgitation.Eur J Heart Fail. 2020; 22: 1840-1848
- Percutaneous repair or surgery for mitral regurgitation.N Engl J Med. 2011; 364: 1395-1406
- Transcatheter mitral-valve repair in patients with heart failure.N Engl J Med. 2018; 379: 2307-2318
- Impact of the leaflet-to-annulus index on residual mitral regurgitation in patients undergoing edge-to-edge mitral repair.JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2019; 12: 2462-2472
- Insufficient mitral leaflet remodeling in relation to annular dilation and risk of residual mitral regurgitation after MitraClip implantation.JACC Cardiovasc Imaging. 2021; 14: 756-765
- Mitral annular evaluation with CT in the context of transcatheter mitral valve replacement.JACC Cardiovasc Imaging. 2015; 8: 612-615
- Predictors of left ventricular outflow tract obstruction after transcatheter mitral valve replacement.JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2019; 12: 182-193
- Recommendations for noninvasive evaluation of native valvular regurgitation: a report from the American Society of Echocardiography developed in collaboration with the Society for Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance.J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 2017; 30: 303-371
- Impact of simulated MitraClip on forward flow obstruction in the setting of mitral leaflet tethering: an in vitro investigation.Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2018; 92: 797-807
- Preoperative posterior leaflet angle accurately predicts outcome after restrictive mitral valve annuloplasty for ischemic mitral regurgitation.Circulation. 2007; 115: 782-791
- Severe mitral annular calcification: multimodality imaging for therapeutic strategies and interventions.JACC Cardiovasc Imaging. 2016; 9: 1318-1337
- MDCT detection of mitral valve calcification: prevalence and clinical relevance compared with echocardiography.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2007; 188: 1264-1269
- Use of cardiac computerized tomography to predict neo-left ventricular outflow tract obstruction before transcatheter mitral valve replacement.J Am Heart Assoc. 2017; 6e007353
- Outcomes of transcatheter mitral valve replacement for degenerated bioprostheses, failed annuloplasty rings, and mitral annular calcification.Eur Heart J. 2019; 40: 441-451
- Percutaneous repair or medical treatment for secondary mitral regurgitation.N Engl J Med. 2018; 379: 2297-2306
- New concepts in functional mitral regurgitation: it is not just a disease of the left ventricle.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2013; 61: 1817-1819
- Apparently normal mitral valves in patients with heart failure demonstrate biochemical and structural derangements: an extracellular matrix and echocardiographic study.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2005; 45: 54-61
- Gross echocardiographic underestimation of mitral valve calcification–a near fatal experience.Int J Cardiol. 2010; 143 (e24-6)
☆Funding disclosures: None.
☆Author disclosures: Dr Makkar has received grant support from Edwards Lifesciences Corporation , is a consultant for Abbott Vascular, Cordis, and Medtronic, and holds equity in Entourage Medical. Dr Chakravarty is a consultant for Edwards Lifesciences, Abbott, Medtronic, and Boston Scientific. Other authors have no conflicts of interest to disclose.