- •The wearable cardioverter defibrillator is safe and effective in patients with elevated risk for fatal arrhythmias.
- •Tp-e and QTc are independent electrocardiographic (ECG) predictors of adverse events in these patients.
- •ECG can serve as an additional risk stratification tool in this high-risk subgroup.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Wearable cardioverter-defibrillator in patients with a transient risk of sudden cardiac death: the WEARIT-France cohort study.Europace. 2021; 23: 73-81
- Protected risk stratification with the wearable cardioverter-defibrillator: results from the WEARIT-II-EUROPE registry.Clin Res Cardiol. 2021; 110: 102-113
- Wearable cardioverter-defibrillator after myocardial infarction.N Engl J Med. 2018; 379: 1205-1215
- Electrocardiographic predictors of cardiovascular mortality.Dis Markers. 2015; 2015727401
- Fragmented QRS - its significance.Indian Pacing Electrophysiol J. 2020; 20: 27-32
- Novel ECG-based scoring tool for prediction of takotsubo syndrome.Clin Res Cardiol. 2019; 108: 68-73
- Optimal method of measuring the T-peak to T-end interval for risk stratification in primary prevention.Europace. 2018; 20: 698-705
- Fragmented QRS: what is the meaning?.Indian Pacing Electrophysiol J. 2012; 12: 213-225
- 2021 ESC guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic heart failure.Eur Heart J. 2021; 42: 3599-3726
- Primary prevention implantable cardioverter-defibrillator and opportunities for sudden cardiac death risk assessment in non-ischaemic cardiomyopathy.Eur Heart J. 2018; 39: 2859-2866
- Comparing of Tp-Te interval and Tp-Te/Qt ratio in patients with preserved, mid-range and reduced ejection fraction heart failure.Open Access Maced J Med Sci. 2019; 7: 752-759
- Predictive value of Tpeak-Tend interval for ventricular arrhythmia and mortality in heart failure patients with an implantable cardioverter-defibrillator: a cohort study.Medicine (Baltimore). 2019; 98e18080
- Refining the approach to risk stratification in patients with dilated cardiomyopathy.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2021; 77: 2906-2908
- Late gadolinium enhancement and the risk for ventricular arrhythmias or sudden death in dilated cardiomyopathy: systematic review and meta-analysis.JACC Heart Fail. 2017; 5: 28-38
- Association between midwall late gadolinium enhancement and sudden cardiac death in patients with dilated cardiomyopathy and mild and moderate left ventricular systolic dysfunction.Circulation. 2017; 135: 2106-2115
- Prolonged QTc interval and risk of sudden cardiac death in a population of older adults.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2006; 47: 362-367
- Corrected QT variability in serial electrocardiograms in long QT syndrome: the importance of the maximum corrected QT for risk stratification.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2006; 48: 1047-1052
- Tpeak-Tend interval as a marker of arrhythmic risk.Heart Rhythm. 2019; 16: 954-955
- Diagnostic value of the TpTe interval in children with ventricular arrhythmias.Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2021; 18: 12194
- Prognostic value of Tpeak-Tend interval in patients with acute pulmonary embolism.BMC Cardiovasc Disord. 2015; 15: 99
- A novel ECG-index for prediction of ventricular arrhythmias in patients after myocardial infarction.Ann Noninvasive Electrocardiol. 2014; 19: 330-337
- T-peak to T-end interval may be a better predictor of high-risk patients with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy associated with a cardiac troponin I mutation than QT dispersion.Clin Cardiol. 2002; 25: 335-339
- Cellular basis for arrhythmogenesis in an experimental model of the SQT1 form of the short QT syndrome.Heart Rhythm. 2008; 5: 585-590
- Increased Tpeak-Tend interval is highly and independently related to arrhythmic events in Brugada syndrome.Heart Rhythm. 2015; 12: 2469-2476
- Tpeak-Tend dispersion as a predictor for malignant arrhythmia events in patients with vasospastic angina.Int J Cardiol. 2017; 249: 61-65
- Changes and predictive value of dispersion of repolarization parameters for appropriate therapy in patients with biventricular implantable cardioverter-defibrillators.Heart Rhythm. 2007; 4: 1274-1283
- American Heart Association/American College of Cardiology Foundation/Heart Rhythm Society scientific statement on noninvasive risk stratification techniques for identifying patients at risk for sudden cardiac death: a scientific statement from the American Heart Association Council on Clinical Cardiology Committee on Electrocardiography and Arrhythmias and Council on Epidemiology and Prevention.Heart Rhythm. 2008; 5: e1-e21
- Intraventricular conduction delay: a prognostic marker in chronic heart failure.Int J Cardiol. 1999; 70: 171-178
- Confirmation of a heart failure epidemic: findings from the Resource Utilization Among Congestive Heart Failure (REACH) study.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2002; 39: 60-69
- QRS duration does not predict occurrence of ventricular tachyarrhythmias in patients with implanted cardioverter-defibrillators.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2005; 46: 310-316
- Factors influencing appropriate firing of the implanted defibrillator for ventricular tachycardia/fibrillation: findings from the Multicenter Automatic Defibrillator Implantation Trial II (MADIT-II).J Am Coll Cardiol. 2005; 46: 1712-1720
- Electrocardiographic predictors of arrhythmic death and total mortality in the multicenter unsustained tachycardia trial.Circulation. 2004; 110: 766-769
- Department of Veterans Affairs Survival Trial of Antiarrhythmic Therapy in Congestive Heart Failure. QRS duration and mortality in patients with congestive heart failure.Am Heart J. 2002; 143: 1085-1091