- •Hepato-renal dysfunction in heart failure (HF) patients affects prognosis.
- •Hepato-renal dysfunction is associated with frailty in patients with HF.
- •The elevated MELD-XI score was associated with the presence of frailty.
- •Hepato-renal dysfunction with frailty was related to poor prognosis in HF patients.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Acute heart failure: alternatives to hospitalization.JACC Heart Fail. 2017; 5: 329-336
- Multi-organ dysfunction/injury on admission identifies acute heart failure patients at high risk of poor outcome.Eur J Heart Fail. 2019; 21: 744-750
- Abnormal liver function tests in acute heart failure: relationship with clinical characteristics and outcome in the PROTECT study.Eur J Heart Fail. 2016; 18: 830-839
- Acute heart failure syndromes.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2009; 53: 557-573
- Heart failure and liver disease: cardiohepatic interactions.JACC Heart Fail. 2019; 7: 87-97
- Abdominal contributions to cardiorenal dysfunction in congestive heart failure.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2013; 62: 485-495
- Associations between kidney function and outcomes of comprehensive cardiac rehabilitation in patients with heart failure.Clin Res Cardiol. 2021; 111: 253-263
- Noncardiac comorbidities in heart failure with reduced versus preserved ejection fraction.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2014; 64: 2281-2293
- Cardiohepatic interactions in heart failure: an overview and clinical implications.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2013; 61: 2397-2405
- Review article: malnutrition/sarcopenia and frailty in patients with cirrhosis.Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2020; 51: 64-77
- Sarcopenia associates with increased risk of hepatocellular carcinoma among male patients with cirrhosis.Clin Nutr. 2020; 39: 3132-3139
- Frailty associated with waitlist mortality independent of ascites and hepatic encephalopathy in a multicenter study.Gastroenterology. 2019; 156: 1675-1682
- Frailty in advanced liver disease.Liver Int. 2018; 38: 2117-2128
- Hepatic dysfunction in ambulatory patients with heart failure: application of the MELD scoring system for outcome prediction.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2013; 61: 2253-2261
- Advanced liver disease study group. The model for end-stage liver disease (MELD).Hepatology. 2007; 45: 797-805
- Hepatorenal dysfunction identifies high-risk patients with acute heart failure: insights from the RELAX-AHF trial.ESC Heart Fail. 2019; 6: 1188-1198
- Impaired hepato-renal function defined by the MELD XI score as prognosticator in acute heart failure.Eur J Heart Fail. 2016; 18: 1518-1521
- Implications of alternative hepatorenal prognostic scoring systems in acute heart failure (from DOSE-AHF and ROSE-AHF).Am J Cardiol. 2017; 119: 2003-2009
- Survival after the onset of congestive heart failure in Framingham heart study subjects.Circulation. 1993; 88: 107-115
- CKD clinical practice guidebook. The essence of treatment for CKD patients.Clin Exp Nephrol. 2009; 13: 191-248
- MELD-XI: a rational approach to "sickest first" liver transplantation in cirrhotic patients requiring anticoagulant therapy.Liver Transpl. 2007; 13: 30-37
- The impact of frailty status on survival after transcatheter aortic valve replacement in older adults with severe aortic stenosis: a single-center experience.JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2012; 5: 974-981
- Frailty in older adults: evidence for a phenotype.J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2001; 56: M146-M156
- Multiple imputation with multivariate imputation by chained equation (MICE) package.Ann Transl Med. 2016; 4: 30
- Right ventricular free wall strain and congestive hepatopathy in patients with acute worsening of chronic heart failure: a CATSTAT-HF Echo substudy.J Clin Med. 2020; 9: 1317
- Longitudinal trends, hemodynamic profiles, and prognostic value of abnormal liver function tests in patients with acute decompensated heart failure: an analysis of the ESCAPE trial.J Card Fail. 2014; 20: 476-484
- Cardiorenal syndrome.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2008; 52: 1527-1539
- Prognostic value of hepatorenal function following transcatheter edge-to-edge mitral valve repair.Clin Res Cardiol. 2021; 110: 1947-1956
- Frailty is intertwined with heart failure: mechanisms, prevalence, prognosis, assessment, and management.JACC Heart Fail. 2019; 7: 1001-1011
- Frailty and chronic kidney disease: a systematic review.Arch Gerontol Geriatr. 2017; 68: 135-142
- Exercise and CKD: skeletal muscle dysfunction and practical application of exercise to prevent and treat physical impairments in CKD.Am J Kidney Dis. 2017; 69: 837-852
- Mechanisms and modulation of oxidative/nitrative stress in type 4 cardio-renal syndrome and renal sarcopenia.Front Physiol. 2018; 9: 1648
- Worsening renal function during hospitalization in elderly patients with heart failure: an independent factor of activities of daily living decline.Heart Vessels. 2021; 36: 76-84
- Chronic kidney disease is associated with decreased exercise capacity and impaired ventilatory efficiency in heart transplantation patients.J Heart Lung Transplant. 2009; 28: 446-452
- Muscle and mortality in cirrhosis.Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2012; 10: 100-102
- Review article: sarcopenia in cirrhosis–aetiology, implications and potential therapeutic interventions.Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2016; 43: 765-777
- Nutrition and muscle in cirrhosis.J Clin Exp Hepatol. 2017; 7: 340-357
- Review article: impact of exercise on physical frailty in patients with chronic liver disease.Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2019; 50: 988-1000
- Frailty in patients with heart failure.Eur Heart J Suppl. 2019; 21: L12-L16
- Hepatic dysfunction and survival after orthotopic heart transplantation: application of the MELD scoring system for outcome prediction.J Heart Lung Transplant. 2012; 31: 591-600