- •Radial access was selected for approximately two-thirds of ST-elevation myocardial infarction patients.
- •Door-to-device time was not compromised in radial access.
- •The ischemic and bleeding events for 30 days were significantly fewer in radial access.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Percutaneous transradial artery approach for coronary stent implantation.Cathet Cardiovasc Diagn. 1993; 30: 173-178https://doi.org/10.1002/CCD.1810300220
- Efficacy of transradial primary stenting in patients with acute myocardial infarction.Am J Cardiol. 1999; 83: 966-968https://doi.org/10.1016/S0002-9149(98)01050-9
- Comparative study on transradial approach vs. Transfemoral approach in primary stent implantation for patients with acute myocardial infarction: results of the Test for Myocardial infarction by Prospective Unicenter Randomization for Access sites (TEMPURA).Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2003; 59: 26-33https://doi.org/10.1002/ccd.10493
- Transradial versus transfemoral approach in patients undergoing primary percutaneous coronary intervention for ST-elevation acute myocardial infarction: insight from the CREDO-Kyoto AMI registry.Heart Vessels. 2017; 32: 1448-1457https://doi.org/10.1007/s00380-017-1021-4
- Radial versus femoral access in patients with acute coronary syndromes undergoing invasive management: a randomised multicentre trial.Lancet. 2015; 385: 2465-2476https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(15)60292-6
- JCS 2018 guideline on diagnosis and treatment of acute coronary syndrome.Circ J. 2019; 83: 1085-1196https://doi.org/10.1253/circj.CJ-19-0133
- CVIT expert consensus document on primary percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) for acute myocardial infarction (AMI) in 2018.Cardiovasc Interv Ther. 2018; 33: 178-203https://doi.org/10.1007/S12928-018-0516-Y
- 2017 ESC guidelines for the management of acute myocardial infarction in patients presenting with ST-segment elevation.Eur Heart J. 2018; 39: 119-177https://doi.org/10.1093/eurheartj/ehx393
- An update on radial artery access and best practices for transradial coronary angiography and intervention in acute coronary syndrome: a scientific statement from the American Heart Association.Circ Cardiovasc Interv. 2018; 11e000035https://doi.org/10.1161/HCV.0000000000000035
- CVIT expert consensus document on primary percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) for acute myocardial infarction (AMI) update 2022.Cardiovasc Interv Ther. 2022; 37: 1-34https://doi.org/10.1007/S12928-021-00829-9
- Impact of institutional and operator volume on short-term outcomes of percutaneous coronary intervention: a report from the Japanese Nationwide Registry.JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2017; 10: 918-927https://doi.org/10.1016/J.JCIN.2017.02.015
- Third universal definition of myocardial infarction.Eur Heart J. 2012; 33: 2551-2567https://doi.org/10.1093/eurheartj/ehs184
- Standardized bleeding definitions for cardiovascular clinical trials: a consensus report from the bleeding academic research consortium.Circulation. 2011; 123: 2736-2747https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCULATIONAHA.110.009449
- Reduced periprocedural mortality and bleeding rates of radial approach in ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction. Propensity score analysis of data from the ORPKI Polish National Registry.EuroIntervention. 2017; 13: 843-850https://doi.org/10.4244/EIJ-D-17-00078
- Radial artery access is associated with lower mortality in patients undergoing primary PCI: a report from the SWEDEHEART registry.Eur Heart J Acute Cardiovasc Care. 2020; 9: 323-332https://doi.org/10.1177/2048872620908032
- Advances in the treatment of ST elevation myocardial infarction in the UK.JRSM Cardiovasc Dis. 2022; 11204800402210755https://doi.org/10.1177/20480040221075519
- Acceptance and safety of femoral versus radial access for percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI): results from a large monitor-controlled German registry (QuIK).BMC Cardiovasc Disord. 2022; 22: 7https://doi.org/10.1186/S12872-021-02283-0
- Prediction of thrombotic and bleeding events after percutaneous coronary intervention: CREDO-Kyoto thrombotic and bleeding risk scores.J Am Heart Assoc. 2018; 7e008708https://doi.org/10.1161/JAHA.118.008708
- RADIal versus femoral approach for percutaneous coronary interventions in patients with acute myocardial infarction (RADIAMI): a prospective, randomized, single-center clinical trial.Cardiol J. 2009; 16: 332-340
- Procedure time comparison between radial versus femoral access in ST-segment elevation acute myocardial infarction patients undergoing emergent percutaneous coronary intervention: a meta-analysis of controlled randomized trials.Heart Views. 2018; 19: 1https://doi.org/10.4103/HEARTVIEWS.HEARTVIEWS_82_16
- Association of adoption of transradial access for percutaneous coronary intervention in ST elevation myocardial infarction with door-to-balloon time.Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2020; 96: E165-E173https://doi.org/10.1002/CCD.28785
- Association between 90-minute door-to-balloon time, selective exclusion of myocardial infarction cases, and access site choice.Circ Cardiovasc Interv. 2020; 13e009179https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCINTERVENTIONS.120.009179
- Adverse impact of bleeding on prognosis in patients with acute coronary syndromes.Circulation. 2006; 114: 774-782https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCULATIONAHA.106.612812
- Impact of major bleeding on 30-day mortality and clinical outcomes in patients with acute coronary syndromes.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2007; 49: 1362-1368https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jacc.2007.02.027
- Defining high bleeding risk in patients undergoing percutaneous coronary intervention.Circulation. 2019; 140: 240-261https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCULATIONAHA.119.040167
- Application of the modified high bleeding risk criteria for Japanese patients in an all-comers registry of percutaneous coronary intervention - from the CREDO-Kyoto Registry Cohort-3 -.Circ J. 2021; 85: 769-781https://doi.org/10.1253/circj.CJ-20-0836
- Comparison of clopidogrel monotherapy after 1 to 2 months of dual antiplatelet therapy with 12 months of dual antiplatelet therapy in patients with acute coronary syndrome: the STOPDAPT-2 ACS Randomized Clinical Trial.JAMA Cardiol. 2022; 7: 407-417https://doi.org/10.1001/JAMACARDIO.2021.5244
- Dual antiplatelet therapy after PCI in patients at high bleeding risk.N Engl J Med. 2021; 385: 1643-1655https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMOA2108749
- Transradial versus transfemoral access for percutaneous coronary intervention in ST-segment-elevation myocardial infarction: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Circ Cardiovasc Interv. 2021; 14: 261-269https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCINTERVENTIONS.120.009994