- •Data on long-term outcomes of transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR) in Japanese patients beyond 5 years are limited.
- •The rate of freedom from all-cause death at 7 years was 35.8%.
- •The rates of structural valve deterioration (SVD) and bioprosthetic valve failure (BVF) at 7 years were 11.4% and 6.2%, respectively.
- •Although the mortality was high, the incidence of SVD and BVF was not rare.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Transcatheter or surgical aortic-valve replacement in intermediate-risk patients.N Engl J Med. 2016; 374: 1609-1620
- 2017 ESC/EACTS guidelines for the management of valvular heart disease.Eur Heart J. 2017; 38: 2739-2791
- 5-Year outcomes of transcatheter aortic valve replacement compared with standard treatment for patients with inoperable aortic stenosis (PARTNER 1): a randomised controlled trial.Lancet. 2015; 385: 2485-2491
- 5-Year outcomes of transcatheter aortic valve replacement or surgical aortic valve replacement for high surgical risk patients with aortic stenosis (PARTNER 1): a randomised controlled trial.Lancet. 2015; 385: 2477-2484
- Five-year outcomes of transcatheter or surgical aortic-valve replacement.N Engl J Med. 2020; 382: 799-809
- Transcatheter aortic-valve replacement with a balloon-expandable valve in low-risk patients.N Engl J Med. 2019; 380: 1695-1705
- Transcatheteraortic-valve replacement with a self-expanding valve in low-risk patients.N Engl J Med. 2019; 380: 1706-1715
- Long-term durability of transcatheter aortic valve prostheses.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2019; 73: 537-545
- Beyond the five-year horizon: long-term outcome of high-risk and inoperable patients undergoing TAVR with first-generation devices.EuroIntervention. 2018; 14: 41-49
- Assessment of long-term structural deterioration of transcatheter aortic bioprosthetic valves using the new European definition.Circ Cardiovasc Interv. 2019; 12e007597
- Durability of transcatheter and surgical bioprosthetic aortic valves in patients at lower surgical risk.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2019; 73: 546-553
- Long-term outcomes of high-risk or inoperable patients who underwent transcatheter aortic valve implantation.Am J Cardiol. 2019; 124: 573-579
- Five-year outcomes of the first pivotal clinical trial of balloon-expandable transcatheter aortic valve replacement in Japan (PREVAIL JAPAN).Circ J. 2017; 81: 1102-1107
- Updated standardized endpoint definitions for transcatheter aortic valve implantation: the Valve Academic Research Consortium-2 consensus document.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2012; 60: 1438-1454
- Ten year follow-up of high-risk patients treated during the early experience with transcatheter aortic valve replacement.Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2021; 97: E431-E437
- Assessment of structural valve deterioration of transcatheter aortic bioprosthetic balloon-expandable valves using the new European consensus definition.EuroIntervention. 2018; 14: e264-e271
- Structural deterioration of transcatheter versus surgical aortic valve bioprostheses in the PARTNER-2 trial.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2020; 76: 1830-1843