- •We evaluated prognosis of a large number of patients with severe tricuspid regurgitation (TR) (N = 1001).
- •A considerable number of patients (22 %) had isolated functional TR.
- •Renal function and anemia are prognostic predictors of isolated functional TR.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Impact of tricuspid regurgitation on long-term survival.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2004; 43: 405-409
- Risk factors for progression of functional tricuspid regurgitation.Am J Cardiol. 2014; 113: 995-1000
- Clinical outcome of isolated tricuspid regurgitation.JACC Cardiovasc Imaging. 2014; 7: 1185-1194
- Burden of tricuspid regurgitation in patients diagnosed in the community setting.JACC Cardiovasc Imaging. 2019; 12: 433-442
- Clinical context and mechanism of functional tricuspid regurgitation in patients with and without pulmonary hypertension.Circ Cardiovasc Imaging. 2012; 5: 314-323
- Functional tricuspid regurgitation caused by chronic atrial fibrillation: a real-time 3-dimensional transesophageal echocardiography study.Circ Cardiovasc Imaging. 2017; 10e004897https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCIMAGING.116.004897
- Functional tricuspid regurgitation: a need to revise our understanding.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2015; 65: 2331-2336
- JCS/JSCS/JATS/JSVS 2020 guidelines on the management of valvular heart disease.Circ J. 2020; 84: 2037-2119
- Progression of isolated tricuspid regurgitation late after left-sided valve surgery. Clinical features and mechanisms.Circ J. 2011; 75: 2902-2907
- Tricuspid regurgitation following left-sided valve surgery: echocardiographic evaluation and optimal timing of surgical treatment.J Echocardiogr. 2015; 13: 15-19
- Actual management and prognosis of severe isolated tricuspid regurgitation associated with atrial fibrillation without structural heart disease.Int J Cardiol. 2017; 243: 251-257
- Uncertainties and challenges in surgical and transcatheter tricuspid valve therapy: a state-of-the-art expert review.Eur Heart J. 2020; 41: 1932-1940
- Contemporary trends in the use and outcomes of surgical treatment of tricuspid regurgitation.J Am Heart Assoc. 2017; 6e007597https://doi.org/10.1161/JAHA.117.007597
- Transcatheter edge-to-edge repair for treatment of tricuspid regurgitation.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2021; 77: 229-239
- 1-year outcomes after edge-to-edge valve repair for symptomatic tricuspid regurgitation: results from the TriValve registry.JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2019; 12: 1451-1461
- Recommendations for cardiac chamber quantification by echocardiography in adults: an update from the American Society of Echocardiography and the european Association of Cardiovascular Imaging.J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 2015; 28: 1-39.e14
- Recommendations for evaluation of the severity of native valvular regurgitation with two-dimensional and doppler echocardiography.J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 2003; 16: 777-802
- Noninvasive estimation of right ventricular systolic pressure by doppler ultrasound in patients with tricuspid regurgitation.Circulation. 1984; 70: 657-662
- Guidelines for the echocardiographic assessment of the right heart in adults: a report from the American Society of Echocardiography endorsed by the european Association of Echocardiography, a registered branch of the european Society of Cardiology, and the Canadian Society of Echocardiography.J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 2010; 23: 685-713
- Revised equations for estimated GFR from serum creatinine in Japan.Am J Kidney Dis. 2009; 53: 982-992
- MELD-XI: a rational approach to "sickest first" liver transplantation in cirrhotic patients requiring anticoagulant therapy.Liver Transpl. 2007; 13: 30-37
- Impact of right ventricular function on development of significant tricuspid regurgitation in patients with chronic atrial fibrillation.J Cardiol. 2020; 76: 431-437
- Determinants of surgical outcome in patients with isolated tricuspid regurgitation.Circulation. 2009; 120: 1672-1678
- Tricuspid regurgitation contributes to renal dysfunction in patients with heart failure.J Card Fail. 2008; 14: 824-830
- Prognostic importance and predictors of survival in isolated tricuspid regurgitation: a growing problem.Mayo Clin Proc. 2019; 94: 2032-2039
- Isolated functional tricuspid regurgitation: when should we go to surgical treatment?.J Cardiol. 2020; 75: 339-343
- Importance of venous congestion for worsening of renal function in advanced decompensated heart failure.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2009; 53: 589-596
- Clinical implications of intrarenal hemodynamic evaluation by doppler ultrasonography in heart failure.JACC Heart Fail. 2016; 4: 674-682
- Anemia and iron deficiency in heart failure: current concepts and emerging therapies.Circulation. 2018; 138: 80-98
- Anemia in heart failure: still relevant?.JACC Heart Fail. 2018; 6: 201-208
- 2020 ACC/AHA guideline for the management of patients with valvular heart disease: a report of the american College of Cardiology/American Heart Association joint committee on clinical practice guidelines.Circulation. 2021; 143: e72-e227
- 2021 ESC/EACTS guidelines for the management of valvular heart disease.Eur Heart J. 2022; 43: 561-632
- TRI-SCORE: a new risk score for in-hospital mortality prediction after isolated tricuspid valve surgery.Eur Heart J. 2022; 43: 654-662