- •The influence of mitral regurgitation (MR) on transcatheter aortic valve replacement procedure was studied using the Japan-TVT registry.
- •1-year follow―up data were obtained from 25,979 patients (follow-up rate 98.5 %).
- •Propensity-score matching was employed.
- •Survival was similar among patients with or without moderate or severe MR.
- •Death and/or heart failure occurred more in patients with moderate or severe MR.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Transcatheter aortic valve replacement in patients with multivalvular heart disease.JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2020; 13: 1503-1514
- Eight-year outcomes for patients with aortic valve stenosis at low surgical risk randomized to transcatheter vs. Surgical aortic valve replacement.Eur Heart J. 2021; 42: 2912-2919
- Five-year outcome in 18 010 patients from the german aortic valve registry.Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2021; 60: 1139-1146
- Transcatheter aortic-valve replacement with a self-expanding valve in low-risk patients.N Engl J Med. 2019; 380: 1706-1715
- Transcatheter aortic valve replacement versus surgical valve replacement in intermediate-risk patients: a propensity score analysis.Lancet. 2016; 387: 2218-2225
- Practice patterns and outcomes of transcatheter aortic valve replacement in the United States and Japan: a report from joint data harmonization initiative of STS/ACC TVT and J-TVT.J Am Heart Assoc. 2022; 11e023848
- Transcatheter aortic valve replacement in patients with aortic stenosis and mitral regurgitation.Ann Thorac Surg. 2017; 104: 1977-1985
- Prognostic impact and change of concomitant mitral regurgitation after surgical or transcatheter aortic valve replacement for aortic stenosis.J Cardiol. 2016; 67: 526-530
- Aortic valve replacement for aortic stenosis in patients with concomitant mitral regurgitation: should the mitral valve be dealt with?.Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2011; 40: 1087-1096
- Clinical impact and evolution of mitral regurgitation following transcatheter aortic valve replacement: a meta-analysis.Heart. 2015; 101: 1395-1405
- Mitral regurgitation in patients with severe aortic stenosis: diagnosis and management.Heart. 2018; 104: 16-22
- Transcatheter aortic valve replacement in patients with severe mitral or tricuspid regurgitation at extreme risk for surgery.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2018; 155: 1991-1999
- Fate and long-term prognostic implications of mitral regurgitation in patients undergoing transcatheter aortic valve replacement.Int J Cardiol. 2019; 288: 39-43
- Does the presence of significant mitral regurgitation prior to transcatheter aortic valve implantation for aortic stenosis impact mortality? - meta-analysis and systematic review.Cardiology. 2020; 145: 428-438
- Change in mitral regurgitation severity impacts survival after transcatheter aortic valve replacement.Int J Cardiol. 2019; 294: 32-36
- Acute torrential mitral regurgitation during transcatheter aortic valve replacement: a case report.Surg Case Rep. 2018; 4: 35
- Simultaneous transcatheter aortic mitral and tricuspid valve-in-valve implantation.Eur Heart J. 2022; 43: 433
- Clinical impact of preprocedural moderate or severe mitral regurgitation on outcomes after transcatheter aortic valve replacement.Can J Cardiol. 2020; 36: 1112-1120
- Mitral regurgitation in patients undergoing transcatheter aortic valve implantation for degenerated surgical aortic bioprosthesis: insights from PARTNER 2 valve-in-valve registry.Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2020; 96: 981-986
- Impact of functional versus organic baseline mitral regurgitation on short- and long-term outcomes after transcatheter aortic valve replacement.Am J Cardiol. 2016; 117: 839-846
Publication stageIn Press Corrected Proof
☆IRB information: The present study was approved by the institutional review board of Chiba University Graduate School of Medicine Ethical Committee. Reference number: 3744.